Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Journey of Self Discovery - Chapter 3: Transitions!

After my time at the African Leadership Academy, I moved to London to study at the London School of Economics. 

Talk about change! LSE was a whole new experience. 

I believe this had to do with me being miles from home, juggling studies with work, paying bills, competing for the very best internships and jobs and living in the busy maze of London.
                   
And after countless sleepless nights, that day came - when I graduated with a dual degree in Law and Anthropology. 

Then came the next phase of my life...

After a couple of internships in corporate law and finance, I decided to take a road less travelled; to take a leap of faith and pursue social entrepreneurship.

Months later, I started Youths4Change - a youth led organization that empowers and mentors youth of all abilities in Cameroon.

And after setting out on this “Road Less Travelled”, I ask myself three questions at the start of each day:

If not Now, When?
If not Here, Where?
And If not I, Who?

In order to pioneer, you have to be willing to let go of what you are, what you have been and even what you think you should be. 
A pioneer must let go of the known and venture into the unknown. He risks what he is in order to become something greater.



No comments:

Post a Comment