Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Epic Watson Road Trip!


So I just returned from an epic road trip with my compatriots at Watson University... We left Boulder, Colorado, to Utah, through Arizona, to Las Vegas, Nevada and finally to San Francisco, California! Thanks to what I believe is an alignment of the universe, I conquered three of my greatest fears during this epic journey - fear of heights, fear of water and fear of the dark. During the trip, we stopped over and camped at the Arches and Zion national parks respectively. At Arches national park, I leaned into my fear of heights and I climbed not one but several cliffs culminating with going up very steep rocks and mountains. At Zion, I leaned into my fear of water by traversing across a body of water. It was cold, I was scared, I felt like making a U turn...but I kept going and I made it to the other side and back! And in each case, I faced my fear of the dark by camping out in the middle of nowhere.

And once I had set aside my fear, I was able to notice and fully appreciate how beautiful the scenery around me was. In that moment devoid of worry, I had the curiosity of a little child... 

I noticed the flowing waters charging down over the rocks - it reminded me of going forward even in the face of adversities.

I noticed the trees shedding their leaves and colours changing from green to yellow - it reminded me of change, shedding habits and attitudes that hold us back. 

And I noticed the huge mass of rock and debris. In all it’s grandeur, it reminded me of balance and that solid foundation which keeps us grounded and focused at all times. That focal point which no matter how much we waver or how many times we go off course, brings us back on the path to fulfilling our life’s purpose - to our hero’s journey.

1 comment:

  1. Great piece!! Learning about oneself from nature.

    ReplyDelete