Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Journey of Self Discovery - Conclusion: Vision for the future!

Author Frederick Buechner once wrote that, “To find your mission in life is to find the intersection between your heart’s deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger”.

The hunger in the world I seek to address above all others is injustice.
Injustice has many faces and manifests in different facets of life.

 v Socially, I want to see a world where basic services are available to all - a world where all people treated equally no matter our differences.

 v Economically, I want to see a world where no one has to go hungry - a world where the world’s resources are used in a way that benefits all of humankind.

 v Legally, I want to see human rights respected and upheld - where the rule of law empowers people, communities and societies.

 v Politically, I want to see a world where leaders work for the common good - to serve and not to be served.

My Goal is to see youths of all faiths and abilities working side by side to tackle the challenges they see in their communities and rise to the challenges of a transformed and transformative era.

“You may say I’m a dreamer but for those who dare to dream, there is a whole world to win”.

No comments:

Post a Comment