Sunday, December 22, 2013

Leaving the Watson Wombat Empire!

As I write this, I am waking up to the reality that my Watson journey has drawn to its close. But in many ways, this is not the end - because my experience at Watson University will always remain embedded in my psyche.

This is a bitter sweet moment!
I am sad to leave the Watson Wombat Empire into uncharted territory 
BUT 
I am ecstatic to step out into the world and put into practice the skills I have learned at Watson.

And Thanks to Watson, I am leaving with four key lessons:
  • Through the Transformative Action Class, I have learned the principle “Transforming enemies into allies”.
  • Through the Social Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Class, I have learnt how to “Grow slow to grow fast”.
  • At the Watson Lab, I have learnt that it is about “Progress and not Perfection”.
  • And from peers, mentors, preceptors and the Watson network, I have learned the value of “Return on Relationships” which is at the heart of Watson.
Through Watson, social change and shift in systems has become a passion, a vision which I cannot seem to extrapolate myself from.

I am obsessed with helping next generation leaders finding their voice through socio-economic empowerment and political leadership.

My Goal is to see youths of all faiths and abilities working side by side to tackle the challenges they see in their communities and rise to the challenges of a transformed and transformative era.

No comments:

Post a Comment